6 Natural Ways to Reduce High Blood Pressure
Simple lifestyle changes can be the best way to cure hypertension. These small lifestyle changes can lead to big life saving benefits. About 19 times out of 20 there may be no explainable reason why your blood pressure is high. If your hypertension is left untreated it can result to stroke, heart disease, and kidney failure. In this article you will learn 7 very important lifestyle changes you can make to help cure your hypertension.
1. Lose extra pounds to lower your blood pressure. Usually people who lose around 10 pounds can get it back to normal. The easiest way I gradually lost the extra pounds is by avoiding foods high in fat and sugar, and eating only when I was hungry.
2. Potassium can lower your sodium and it also affects blood volume which helps cure hypertension. You should eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables high in potassium everyday.
3. Calcium is important in keeping a healthy blood pressure, especially in women and in pregnant women. Around 2,000 milligrams a day of calcium will help cure hypertension.
4. Stop smoking tobacco and minimize drinking alcohol. Tobacco can make your hypertension worse and can increase your risk for stroke. Alcohol also raises blood pressure, so its best to save drinking for special occasions. You should limit yourself to two glasses of wine or beer a day. Or if you don’t drink you shouldn’t start.
5. Lay off on the salt. Do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. And limit salty foods like chips just for every once in a while.
6. Exercise is very important. Any exercises that you use your muscles with or that raise your heart rate can help cure your hypertension.…